Connect With UrthPRO™

 facebook   twitter
Mold Toxicity Symptoms
Written by Susan Lillard   
Wednesday, 22 June 2011 18:35

Mold toxicity is often the end result from constant exposure to toxic mold.  A common misconception among allergists who are untrained in this type of toxicity in humans--which is technically not their area of expertise unless they have trained specifically in environmental medicine with a background in immunology--is to do general allergen testing.  Most tests usually result in an unequivocal result, a 2+ or less.  This induces some physicians to order allergy shots, regardless.  These shots are absolutely worthless (and could possibly be harmful) to a person who has been heavily exposed to these mycotoxins as they are already in a state of toxicity.  If anything, this could exacerbate the problem.  Because many doctors are not trained in this field, they may try to "guess" at a diagnosis.

In layman's terms, molds produce mycotoxins.  These substances, although unseen by the naked eye, enter the body through the skin, mucous and airways.  Once ingested, mold has the ability to colonize and spread.  In doing this, it can compromise the immune system and damage everyday processes of the body.  Mold and yeast are interchangeable only in their dimorphic state, which is often a big misconception, although both are fungi.

Fungi, which include yeasts, molds, smuts and mushrooms, are responsible for causing four types of mycotic (fungal) disease:

  1. Hypersensitivity - an allergic reaction to molds and spores;
  2. Mycotoxicosis - poisoning by food products contaminated by fungi;
  3. Mycetismus - the ingestion of preformed toxin (toadstool poisoning);
  4. Infection (systemic) - (Mycotoxicosis; the subject below)

The following are a list of the most common symptoms of fungal exposure (bear in mind, people never fit all of below criteria). Most people with some forms of Mycotoxicosis meet at least 8 (recent symptoms) of the following criteria:

  • Fibromyalgia/mps (and several correlated symptoms)
  • Respiratory distress, coughing, sneezing, sinusitis
  • Difficulty swallowing, choking, spitting up (vomiting) mucous
  • Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
  • Burning in the throat and lungs (similar to acid reflux and often misdiagnosed as such)
  • Asthmatic signs; wheezing, shortness in breath, coughing, burning in lungs, etc.
  • Irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, diarrhea, sharp abdominal pains, stomach lesions
  • Bladder, liver, spleen, or kidney pain
  • Dark or painful urine
  • Dirt-like taste in mouth, coated tongue
  • Food allergies/leaky gut syndrome/altered immunity
  • Memory loss; brain fog, slurred speech, occasionally leading to dementia
  • Vision problems
  • Swollen lymph nodes
  • Large boils on neck (often a sign of anaphylaxis)
  • Yellowing of nails, ridges, or white marks under nail
  • Thyroid irregularities, sometimes leading to complete dysfunction; adrenal problems
  • Headaches
  • Anxiety/depression, heart palpitations - confusion, PTSD
  • Extreme blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides irregularities
  • Ringing in ears, balance problems (very common), dizziness, loss of hearing (aspergillus niger)
  • Chronic fatigue (also included under this classification directional confusion)
  • Intermittent face flushing; almost always systemic, Called the Mylar Flush (neurological))
  • Night head sweats, and drooling while sleeping, profuse sweating
  • Multiple chemical sensitivity; only upon exposure to Stachybotrys and Chaetomium
  • Nose bleeds (stachybotrys)
  • Bruising/scarring easily; rash or hives, bloody lesions all over the skin (Often systemic, see images; skin)
  • Reproductive system complications; infertility, changes in menstrual cycles, miscarriage
  • Sudden weight changes (Detoxifier genotypes tend to gain weight, non-detoxifier genotypes tend to lose weight)
  • Cancer
  • Hair loss, very brittle nails, temporary loss of fingerprints (in rare cases)
  • Joint/muscle stiffness and pain
  • Irregular heart beat/heart attack
  • Seizures, inadvertent body jerking, twitching, inadvertent facial movements or numbness in face
  • Hypersensitivity when re-exposed to molds, which can lead to anaphylaxis
  • Anaphylaxis upon re-exposure to mycotoxin producing molds
  • Hypersensitivity to electro-magnetic  waves/sounds

Note: despite inaccurate and misleading reports by theorists regarding immuno-compromised babies, and the elderly being more susceptible, this is a big misconception as exposure to the T-2 mycotoxins found in many types of current indoor molds will poison anyone in time; no one is immune.  The reason for this conflicting information is that studies have never been conducted to prove this.  If so called experts are going to make such a broad and misleading statement, they may as well say that this same category of people is more susceptible to SARS, West Nile Virus, AIDS, and cancer. The T-2 mycotoxins found in many of these molds are the exact same T-2 mycotoxins that have killed widespread groups of innocent people with Yellow Rain, a biological warfare agent.

Different mold species can have varying health effects, but it is important to remember that any excessive mold growth needs to be taken care of, regardless of the species. Any excessive mold growth can lead to increased allergies, toxicity, and house/building structural problems.

Permanent problems sometimes associated with fungal exposure after treatment:

  • Balance
  • Short term memory
  • Hearing
  • Sight
This site is not intended to give medical advice.  Seek the advice of a professional for diagnosis, medication, treatment options, and complete knowledge of any illness.  The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions do not necessarily reflect my peers or professional affiliates. The information here does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supersede the professional advice of others.

Share
 

Comments  

 
# Marguerite Kuhn 2013-06-16 20:03
is it possible to carry the mold/spores with you, wherever you may live after severe exposure and now no longer living at the site of origin of the mold exposure. Could it be, that certain belongings, paper goods, documents etc. harbor the mold/spores.
Insect infestation related to the spores/mold (fungal gnats like )
I have been living with all symptoms of mold toxicity for the last seven years, in addition, constantly invaded by the tiniest airborne, most resilient things, the live, breed and feed off and on me, period. They can not be killed, they hide extremely well, (fit under fingernail, inside cuticle as an example, ) the target every pore, orifice of the body. Yes, it is true and it is HELL. Social seclusion, suicidal thoughts, medical community shunned and ridiculed. Fear of exposure and being either considered a nut case or possibly contagious, a no win , a no end situation. game over
Quote
 
 
# Marguerite Kuhn 2013-06-18 17:58
I am still suffering all the symptoms mentioned above, plus recently diagnosed with advanced stage cancer, since I was living in a severe mold infested apartment, plus a huge ceiling collapse during a long lasting rain storm, rain literally coming into my apartment until the ceiling of this top floor apartment could be repaired.
Prior to this hellish existence now, I was in great health, a marathon runner , in great spirits, robust .
I believe I carry these spores wherever I go now, it has been 7 years, I tossed just about all my belongings, the worse part is I also inherited the tiniest and swarms of insects, airborne, invasive on and in me and my immediate environment, they made me their host and no one believes me. I battled non stop since, suiciidal at times.
Quote
 

Add comment


Security code
Refresh

Copyright © UrthTech, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions